Teach Access Student Academy
The Teach Access Student Academy is a FREE program consisting of virtual monthly webinars for students to explore various topics on disability and accessibility. It will be open to any students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college or university and will be a great opportunity to learn about accessibility and network with a wide variety of people in higher education, industry, and advocacy organizations.
All sessions will be held on Zoom from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm ET (10 am to 11 am PT). Sessions will be recorded and shared with registered students.
- Session 1: Introduction to Disability with Ani Grigorian
- Friday, September 15, 2023
- Session 2: Introduction to Assistive Technology with Jordan Colbert
- Friday, October 13, 2023
- Session 3: Accessibility Principles
- Friday, November 3, 2023
- Session 4: Accessibility and Neurodiversity with Margaux Joffe
- Friday, January 26, 2024
- Session 5: Accessibility in Events
- Friday, February 9, 2024
- Session 6: Accessibility in Communications
- Friday, March 8, 2024
- Session 7: Careers in Accessibility
- Friday, April 12, 2024
Registration for the Teach Access Student Academy is free and ongoing throughout the 2023-2024 academic year. Feel free to register at any time using the Student Academy registration form and join the upcoming sessions!
Teach Access Student Ambassadors Program
The Student Ambassadors Program engages students from across disciplines and institutions to learn about disability and accessibility, build a community of inquiry, and develop projects to advocate for accessibility in their institutions. The Student Ambassador Program is FREE and open to any students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college or university. The program will have required sessions in the fall with additional engagement opportunities during spring.
All of sessions for the Student Ambassadors program will be held on Zoom from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm ET (10 am to 11 am PT). Students enrolled in the Student Ambassadors program must also attend the Student Academy sessions.
- Discussion 1: Introduction to Disability
- Friday, September 22, 2023
- Discussion 2: Introduction to Assistive Technology
- Friday, October 20, 2023
- Discussion 3: Accessibility Principles Discussion
- Friday, November 17, 2023
- Discussion 4: Advocating for Accessibility Discussion
- Friday, December 1, 2023
Due to high enrollment numbers, registration for the Student Ambassadors program has closed.