Teach Access Student Intern
Teach Access is a collaboration of the technology industry, leading educational institutions and advocates for people with disabilities committed to making sure the next generation of technology is “born accessible.” The Student Intern position is a unique opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, award-winning not for profit organization recognized for its role in driving disability awareness and bringing the necessary accessibility skills to industry to create quality products and services that everyone can use.
The Teach Access Student Intern will work with the Teach Access Executive Director to support a range of Teach Access projects intended to enhance students’ understanding of digital accessibility as they learn to design, develop and build new technologies with the needs of people with disabilities in mind.
The ideal candidate will be flexible, comfortable with shifting priorities and open to taking on a variety of projects. These projects include but are not limited to: preparing course materials developed by faculty for posting on the Teach Access OER (Open Education Resources) site; scheduling, attending, and recording notes for periodic Teach Access membership and committee meetings; updating the Teach Access website and social media presence; tracking the required reporting from faculty grantees; and supporting other Teach Access activities, including the Teach Access Study Away Program (virtual for 2021).
- 5–10 hours per week, starting March 15, 2021
- Timeframe: Spring Semester 2021 with possibility for extension into the Summer and next academic year
- Student at a Teach Access member university (see our list of member schools)
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Interest in digital accessibility and/or a desire to promote accessible technology (prior experience or knowledge not necessary)
- Comfortable working remotely and independently
- Ability to provide timely responses to Supervisor’s requests
- Availability to attend occasional meetings held virtually (Zoom, Google Meet, etc.) between hours of 9 am-5pm Eastern
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Zoom, Google Docs, WordPress, social media channels
- Preference for student with expected graduation date of Spring 2022 or later
Compensation: $20 per hour
Click here to apply by Monday, March 1, 2021 (Note: you will need to log into a Google account in order to complete this form)