The Teach Access Study Away Silicon Valley program brings together students, faculty, and industry partners to explore the field of accessibility.
Each day, students visit a different industry partner to gain an understanding of the work being done in each location, with the opportunity to engage in substantive conversations to advance their own knowledge. Throughout the week, small cross-institutional teams of students work together to solve an accessibility challenge, and receive feedback from industry partners each day. On the final day of the program, student teams present their work in front of all participants as well as representatives from Teach Access member companies.
In addition to learning about accessibility, other goals of this learning program include:
- Equipping students to be advocates and champions for accessibility
- Building and expanding student professional networks
- Learning about career paths in accessibility
- Seeing work spaces and understanding work processes in the tech industry
- Gaining an understanding of local culture and space