Teach Access is excited to host our new free 6-week career development program for college students and recent graduates.
The inaugural Teach Access Career Development series will feature guest speakers from EY, Walmart, World Institute on Disability, American Foundation for the Blind, VMWare, Microsoft, and the U.S. Department of Labor.
Meet our partners and learn about career trends, preparing for internships and jobs, what it’s like to work in different industries, at a specific company, and other topics geared toward career development for current students and recent college graduates.
Weekly Friday sessions run October 7th – November 18th.
All sessions will occur via Zoom at 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EST (9:00 am – 10:00 am PST).
CART and ASL will be provided. Additional accommodations can be requested during the event registration.
All sessions will take place virtually on Zoom from 12:00pm-1:00pm Eastern Time (9:00am-10:00am Pacific Time).
- Friday, October 7, 2022- Accessibility Careers at EY
- Kevin Grogg, Assistive Technologies Service Owner
- Gautam Rao, Global Digital Accessibility Leader
- Friday, October 14, 2022- Infusing Accessibility into your Career presented by Walmart
- Walei Sabry, Staff Product Manager
- Sheri Wilson, Front-End Software Engineer
- Melody Yin, Senior Product Designer
- Giovani Camara, Senior Product Manager
- Jennifer Arango, Senior Accessibility Product Manager
- Friday, October 21, 2022- Careers in Disability Advocacy with World Institute on Disability and American Foundation for the Blind
- Megan Lang, WID Accessibility and Universal Design Specialist
- Kristin Reuschel, AFB, Program and Curriculum Manager
- Hanna Fugulin, AFB, Internship Ambassador.
- Friday, October 28, 2022- Resume Tips, Tricks & Careers at VMWare
- Santina Croniser, Accessibility Manager, Embedded Accessibility Strategist Program
- Friday, November 4, 2022- Careers at Microsoft
- Peter Wu,
- Kristina Ortiz, University Recruiter
- Chioma Acholonu, University Recruiter
- Friday, November 18, 2022- U.S. Department of Labor Career Trends
- Amy Fong, Mathematical Statistician
Please note there is no session scheduled for Friday, November 11th due to the Veterans Day holiday.
All students currently enrolled in a college or university are encouraged and eligible to register and join. Complete your registration below and secure your seat. Once you complete the registration form, you will receive an auto-response to register for the Zoom sessions. CART and ASL interpreters will be provided for each session and other accommodations can be requested during program registration.