Teach Access July 2018 Update
By Lauren Rabb , on July 9, 2018 am31 11:36am
Dear Teach Access members, supporters, and champions,
We’ve been busy in the months since our last update. But now we’re ready to share some BIG things Teach Access has been up to. Take a look and share!
Study Away Silicon Valley
- Our inaugural Study Away program went off without a hitch over Memorial Day Week, welcoming 26 students and seven faculty members from four universities to visit the Silicon Valley campuses of Google, Oath, Adobe, and Facebook (also featuring sessions by Microsoft and Intuit).
- Read our detailed recap of the week, and check out blog posts by PEAT and Michigan State University.
- We’re already planning Study Away 2019 – stay tuned!
Curriculum Development Awards (Faculty Grants)
- We received many applications for the 20 available $5,000 awards to higher education faculty to fund modifications to their courses to introduce the fundamental concepts and skills of accessible design and development to their students. Ten of these awards are reserved for faculty at New York City-based institutions.
- Thirteen awardees have been selected (and seven more awards are available for NYC-based higher ed faculty) and those faculty from all over the U.S. have begun working on their curriculum enhancements, to roll out in their classrooms between Fall 2018 and Spring 2019.
New Teach Access Members
Welcome to our newest Teach Access members: Apple, Cornell University, Marshall University, Oracle, and Walmart!