SXSW EDU Session – Austin, March 5, 2018
By Lauren Rabb , on February 8, 2018 pm28 10:50pm
- What: Teach Access: Teaching About Accessible Tech at SXSW EDU 2018
- When: Monday, March 5, 2018 from 12:30 to 1:30 pm
- Where: Austin Convention Center, Room 10AB
- Who: Amy Chen (Adobe), David Chesney (University of Michigan), and Laura Palmaro (Google)
- Abstract: Microsoft, Facebook, Adobe, Oath, and Google are working together with major universities and other companies to assure that new hires graduate college with knowledge of the fundamental concepts of accessible design and development for people with disabilities. Teach Access is changing the face of the new tech workforce through curriculum change, influencing accreditation, faculty bootcamps, industry guest lectures, online tutorials, and student engagement programs.