CSUN Session – San Diego, March 23, 2018
By Lauren Rabb , on February 9, 2018 pm28 7:04pm
- What: Teach Access – 2018 Update at CSUN Assistive Technology Conference 2018
- When: Friday, March 23, 2018 at 10:00 am
- Where: Gaslamp CD, 2nd Floor, Seaport Tower
- Who: Jeffrey Wieland (Facebook), Laura (Palmaro) Allen (Google), Mary Bellard (Microsoft)
- Abstract: Teach Access unites technology companies and universities in an effort to expose college students to accessibility. This presentation will provide an update on the progress made in 2017 as well as the initiative’s 2018 strategies and focus areas. 2017 highlights to be covered include the establishment of a 501(c)(3) “fiscal sponsor,” initial Faculty Bootcamps at several universities across the country, initial planning for the 2018 “Study Away Silicon Va11y” initiative, and Teach Access receiving awards from the FCC and Knowbility. We’ll also provide a brief summary of our 2018 plans across the various dimensions above, as well as provide information about how to get involved in the program.